Supporting Local Charities through Recycling
Are you able to help support local charities that make a difference to families and the community? If so, do you have:
- Empty food pouches (all brands)
- Old or unwanted bras
- Used greeting cards for all events
- Balls of 4ply and double knitting wool in pastel colours
If you do, simply drop them into our collection boxes at The Hive Community Space Cheltenham during Gym opening hours and you will help us support:
This charity provides emergency bundles of toiletries, clothing and equipment to pregnant women and families in Gloucestershire with children up to the age of eleven, who find themselves in crisis situations. Donate used food pouches
You can help raise money and support Gloucestershire Bundles by:
- Collecting empty food pouches (all brands) and dropping them off in the provided box at The Hive Community Space Cheltenham. These are 100% recycled using the national Terracycle UK Scheme and the charity gets 2p per pouch.
- Visit Gloucestershire Bundles website here to find out more & discover their preferred donations and times of collections at Big Yellow, Cheltenham. If you are unable to make this time slot, we collect small items at the Hive Community Space Cheltenham in the week before the collection date at The Big Yellow. Watch this space for more news on the next collection date [expected in February 2019]
Cobalt Health Cheltenham
This charity raises money for diagnostic imaging equipment, research and education. Click here to find out more about this local charity.
Please donate ALL types of greetings cards. Simply drop off your cards at The Hive Community Space Cheltenham whatever the time of the year. They will be up-cycled into new cards which are sold in designated shops and Doctor’s surgeries across Gloucestershire to raise money for research and diagnostic work.
Against Breast Cancer
This charity funds pioneering research into new treatments for breast cancer, tools for earlier diagnosis and advice to reduce the risk of recurrence and secondary spread. Working with expert scientists they want to increase the survival rates of all breast cancer patients and ultimately, discover a vaccine against breast cancer.
You can easily support Against Breast Cancer by dropping of your unwanted or unloved bras in our charity collection box which raises vital funds for pioneering breast cancer research. The same bras also help to support small businesses in Africa. Together with recycling partners, the textile recovery project prevents these bras going into landfill before giving them a new lease of life in developing countries such as Togo, Ghana and Kenya, where bras remain too expensive to produce locally.
Collecting Wool for hats to support Gloucestershire Royal Hospital
We have been fortunate to link up with two lovely ladies who knit hats for little ones that are born in Gloucestershire Royal Hospital & Cheltenham Birthing Unit. If you [or grandmas!] have any balls of wool at home that you are happy to donate, then please leave in our collection box & we will make sure that it gets to the ladies.